Fall Maple Caramel Chocolate Leaves
1 c Terrasoul Cacao Butter
1 c cocoa powder
1/2 c maple syrup or Agave
1 c of pitted medjool dates, (soaked)
2 tbsp cashew butter
1 tsp maple extract
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 c water
Makes 10 large molds
1. To prepare chocolate using a double broiler place all ingredients in the top boil. Mix as the cacao butter is melting and mixture will combines.
2. For the caramel: place all ingredients in food processor or blender. Process till smooth.
3. Using a silicone mold pour chocolate 1/3 of way in mold. Let chill in freezer for 5 minutes.
4. Once chilled put 2 tsp(s) of caramel mixture in center of chocolates. Then cover mixture with more chocolate.
5. Place back in freezer for 20 minutes.
6. They should easily unmold. If not, place back in freezer for another 5 minutes.
7. If you have extra caramel leftover, it is an excellent ice cream topping or cake filling.
I first made these chocolates in cups. Since it was Fall, I decided to use a leaf mold. These chocolates are easy to make and delicious.
*Tip: you can place the caramel in a plastic ziplock bag and cut the corner. Then pipe into center of chocolate.