This recipe reminds me of the soup I had in Florence, Italy. It is very thick and hardy. I really like the beans and pasta. It makes a complete protein. My husband and daughter shared a bowl of Pancotto. Pancotto is a tomato based soup with bread cooked in it.
2 28 oz cans tomato and basil sauce
2 14 oz cans lima beans
1 large organic zucchini
1 cup carrots
1/2 large onion
4 cups water
1/2 box elbow pasta
1. Grate zucchini and chop carrots and onion.
2. In a large pot saute these veggies in a little water till tender.
3. Then add water and sauce.
4. Let your sauce boil. Then add pasta. Cook till tender. Approximately 10 mins.
5. Finally turn stove off and add the lima beans. Let set for a few minutes.
If you prefer a less acidic soup you can add a little plant milk. I did that with ours and it was perfect.
If you like, you can also add cashew cream as a topping. Enjoy!