You will want to read this recipe through prior to starting. Since I love croissants, this recipe was perfect. It has many buttery layers.
Rosette Dinner Rolls
3 cups organic all-purpose unbleached flour
1 package dry yeast ( 2 1/4 teaspoons)
3 tbsp coconut sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup almond milk (warmed to 100-110 degrees)
3 tbsp Earth Balance organic vegan butter
1. Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm milk in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 2 3/4 cups flour and salt to yeast mixture; stir until dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth or use a mixer with knead hook. (about 5 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 TBSP at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel slightly sticky). Cover dough with plastic wrap, and let rest for 10 minutes.
2. Roll dough into a 12 x 10 inch rectangle on a lightly floured baking sheet. Gently spread butter over dough. Working with a long side, fold up bottom third of dough. Fold top third of dough over the first fold.to form a 12 x 3 inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 10 minutes.
3. Remove dough from freezer. Remove plastic wrap. Roll dough, still on baking sheet (sprinkle on a little more flour, if needed). into 12 x 10 inch rectangle. Working with a long side, Fold up bottom third of dough. Fold top third of dough over the first fold to form a 12 x 3 inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap; place in freezer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove dough from freezer; remove plastic wrap.**Fold in half (this will give it a rosette appearance). Roll dough, still on baking sheet, into a12 x 8 inch rectangle. Beginning with long side roll up dough jelly-roll fashion ; pinch seam to seal (do not seal ends of roll). Cut roll into 12 equal slices. Place slices, cut sides up, in muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat tops of dough slices with butter. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees), free from drafts, for 45 minutes or doubled in size.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
6. Bake dough at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown from pan. Remove from pan, and cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack. Serve rolls warm. Yield:12 servings
Recipe from: Cooking Light way to cook vegetarian with a few changes